Over the past two decades the incident of alcoholism has doubled and this is alarming. There are some of the western statistics which can be very well considered as universal. Some three million people suffer from catastrophic medical gives a wine or liquor its distinctive character , an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus) These include low molecular weight alcohols like that of methanol and butanol aldehydes, esters, histamine, phenols, tannins, iron, lead and cobalt .
Effects of Alcohol:
- Alcoholic black out that is an episode of forgetting all or part of what occurred during drinking..
- Decrease in sleep latency as it helps to people to fall asleep. Alternation in sleep cycle with bad dreams.
- Peripheral neuropathy that is limb numbness, tingling and parasthesias.
- Wernickes and Korsakoff syndromes.
- Cerebellar degeneration.
- Impairment in recent and remote memory.
- Permanent CNS impairment which is otherwise known as alcoholic dementia.
- Psychosis, hallucinations and delusions.
- Agitations, confusion and violence in many situations.
On Gastrointestinal system:
- Oesophagitis, vomiting of blood due to tear in the lining of oesophagus related to food type.
- Interfaces with absorption of B-Vitamins
- Hemorrhage from duodenum and diarrhoea
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Pancreatitis-acute and chronic
- Liver metabolism is affected
- Fatty accumulations of liver as alcohol induced hepatitis.
- Increased cancer risk-oesophagus , stomach, liver pancreas ,breast.
- Decreases production of white blood cells that risks of repeated infections blood pressure
- Weakening of Cardiomyopathy
- Rhythm disturbances
- Heart failure
On sexual functioning:
- Irreversible atrophy of testes
- Pressure result of of more to reduce a persons weight and thereby blood pressure.