For safer online transactions the first thing we have to learn is that to be suspicious of anything that comes to your inbox. Sometimes, we check the Spam mails and suddenly there could have been any mail containing which demands sharing of information about your bank accounts, and even passwords and other financial transactions indications.…
Basel Capital Accord OF 2003 released by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) envisages a three-pillar approach to risk management under which the first pillar signifies total minimum capital requirement for credit, market and operational risks. To determine the minimum capital requirement for an approach, subject to certain minimum conditions and disclosure requirement may…
Handling forex business has become simpler and easier with the use of latest technology and significant liberalisation in the rules, regulations and procedures under the FEMA regime. Against the above backdrop, the responsibility of the banks has increased many fold and the principle of “Know Your Customer” has assumed critical importance. Money laundering is one…
Banks are advised to constitute an ad hock committee to undertake procedures and performance audit on public services rendered by them. The uniform margin to be applied on all advances against shares/financing of initial public offerings/issues of guarantees raised from 40 percent to 50m percent. Banks are advised to constitute a Special Committee to monitor…
In a closed economy, investments are limited by the savings. A closed economy can invest only what it saves. Trade in capital allows cross border separation of savings and investment. Investments can be higher than savings by borrowings from abroad. As a developing economy offers higher returns to capital than a developed economy, removal of…
Term ‘Due diligence, ’ is increasingly becoming popular in the financial world. More and more financial analysts are realizing the importance of due diligence process in identifying the risks involved in various transactions. Merchant bankers/ investment bankers engaged in the activities of managing public issues. Acquisition and investment activities have fine-tuned due diligence processes and…
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision [BCBS], is a committee of central banks and bank supervisors / regulators from major industrialized countries, that meets every three months at the Bank for International Settlement [BIS] in Basel, to provide broad policy guidelines that each country’s supervisors can use to determine their own supervisory policies. The Basel Committee…
In addition to the work on capital standards, particular supervisory questions which the Committee has addressed include the supervision of bank’s foreign exchange positions, the management of banks international lending (i.e. country risk ), the management of bank’s off –balance –sheet exposures, the prevention of criminal use of the banking system, the supervision of large…
1. INTRODUCTION The Basel Committee was established as the Committee on Banking Regulations and Supervisory Practices by the Central Bank Governors of the Group of Ten countries at the end of 1974 in the aftermath of serious disturbances in International Currency and Banking markets. The first meeting took place in February, 1975 and meetings have…
- ORIYA TO ENGLISH NAMES OF VEGETABLES
- ORIYA TO ENGLISH NAMES OF FRUITS / PULSES
- How do I fix my micro SD card that became a read-only memory card?
- How to repair electrical goods?
- Blog Instantly Using Only Email
- ORIYA TO ENGLISH NAMES OF SEEDS
- Google Pixel XL Review
- How Space Elevators Will Work?
- How to Display Popular Posts by Views in WordPress without a Plugin
- Three Simple Ways to Get Google Play credits and other rewards from Google for free
- How to build Categories, Archives and Tags in a Drop down menu without a plugin for Twenty Twelve Theme in WordPress
- Why clean computing matters?
- Hackers are hiding computer viruses in film subtitles, security experts warn
- Create a EU Cookie Consent Plugin for WordPress
- MJ is Dead – Long Live MJ
- How to perform a consistent and agile multi perspective mobile security risk assessment methodology
- How to create a QR Codes plugin to add QR Codes to WordPress posts
- Trout country beyond the Beas River
- How to stay safe while connecting with work from home
- Mobile device configuration review