This article relates to how to change DNS settings on a Windows PC. In the entire construction of
Aas it serves as the internet phone book or depository of information, as for every website the browser needs to look upon the formation of DNS as this is the precise name of each and every website.
There is much public DNS system. If you try any of these then your computer client will look up to these specific settings on specific DNS settings. Suppose you have configured your DNS settings to Google Public DNS of internet protocol addresses such as 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 as DNS servers then every time you open any website this would look up to the similar addresses time and again using Google Public DNS.
This DNS is only a resolver of names and there is much professional DNS architecture such as Google Cloud DNS.
These are specialized DNS services, with 100 percentages of availability and low latency. It has cost-effective solutions with automatic scaling. In this article, we will learn about public DNS.
While configuring public DNS services such as Google and others, it is highly recommended for use by people who are efficient in dealing with operating system
As day by
The latency in page loading time is similar to that of the situation of hosting as we see that despite implementation of a content delivery network at different geo-strategic locations we still find plenty of delay in loading time.
This is due to the location of domain name server and when that is changed to public DNS such as Google, Open DNS or Norton then automatically all of these changed to the loading times and these open DNS servers are just like the content delivery networks of
Most of these public DNS servers such as that of Google implements several improvements that would speed up website loading time to faster and thus reducing the latency point of websites. It also implements load balancing as well as that of proper cache implementation so that it should provide global coverage of distributing proximity to most of the individuals.
Suppose a website is situated at
It mostly uses the load balancing and shared caching so that the input and output on these servers remain as it is and thus it stays with completely uptime most of time. In the case of geographical coverage, it uses cluster serving servers so that it would provide equi-balance all over the world.
In short by changing DNS servers from your computer to a public DNS server you could have better internet browsing experience.
The computers which are connected with the internet do have one internet protocol address so that these computers should have a unique id of it. Internet protocol addresses are very hard to remember and for this domain name system comes up with an easier solution.
This translates the information to internet protocol address and most of time these translation processes come up with milliseconds but due to give server addresses most of time these translation processes might be hard with latency.
How to change your personal computer’s domain name system settings using the control panel?
The series of processes that are intended to be used here, literally similar to most of Windows personal computers.
- Open CONTROL PANEL
- Click on NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER
- Click on CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS
- Here you will find different network interface connected with the internet and some are not connected with it.
- Go to the network interface that is connected to the internet and then right click on it and then select PROPERTIES.
- Here, you will be asked to provide administrative credentials.
- Then select INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Then click on PROPERTIES.
- Now you will be presented a new window namely, INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Go to USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER ADDRESSES option.
- Here you have two options.
- One is PREFFERED DNS SERVER
- The other one is ALTERNATE DNS SERVER
- If you are using Google Public DNS then in the place of PREFFERED DNS SERVER put 22.214.171.124 and in the place of ALTERNATE DNS SERVER use, 126.96.36.199
- Similarly, if you prefer to use open DNS or Norton DNS then two different internet protocols addresses to be used such as one for PREFFERED DNS SERVER and the other is for ALTERNATE DNS SERVER.
- Then, click on OK and save this and then browse internet.
First connect with internet and then open your favorite web browser and then browse the web to see the fast internet experience. There are many free public DNS servers are there and you might like to use them. As for my suggestion one should use Google public DNS service and use with Google Chrome web browser and then install the Data Saver and on for chrome from Google so that you could find blazing fast internet experience with it.
Why Google as the name suggests its DNS does provide good download speed as well as malware protection so that you will not move to any site inadvertently. There are other forms of changing of DNS such as through command line prompts also one of them. There are other DNS softwares available which can be used directly without moving to the details of configuration.
DNS Jumper is one of them. Among other available DNS resources, open DNS offers more customization that others. Norton DNS is known as Norton ConnectSafe. It works as one layer of security to block any malicious website from entering into a computing system. It blocks unwanted contents, which are mostly undesirable and inappropriate contents.
Recently launched Quad 9 DNS services, from IBM provides, the same set up of network security that provides awesome level of loading of websites faster and secure browsing activities. It is also a wise idea to change your default DNS so that you could do away with DNS security threats and mitigation such as spoofing attacks which could lead to DNS cache poisoning.
It stops denial of service attacks, cache-poisoning attacks
It also stops to buffer overflow attacks, over poisoning machine resources by implementing basic validity checking and adding entropy to request messages and then remove the duplicate queries by rate limiting requests to prevent and stop denial of service attacks by constantly monitoring the bandwidth of internet usages.
Sources & References:
- Windows Media Player 12 Review
- Laptop Buying Decisions
- Cracking a Hash with Rainbow Crack
- Portable Apps for Your USB Stick for Windows and MacOS
- How to Access Your Computer if You Have Forgotten the Password
- How to modify DNS settings on a Windows PC?
- Operating System Security and Secure Operating Systems
- Sizing up mobile vulnerabilities
- How to create a voice and data hotspot?
- Managing Advertisement Blocking
Sources & References: