Opera web browser for desktop comes with many features. Out of it Opera Turbo, a virtual private network and many other features. To know more about Opera you can learn from here.
Why is Opera Turbo an essential feature now?
- With the advent of modern technologies in web development, most of the modern website tend to show a large number of graphics which takes time to load even in faster internet connectivity.
- If you are in the slow connectivity area or in areas where there is the problem in internet connectivity then of course browsing websites becomes difficult.
- Opera web browsers for desktop has its Opera Turbo for free to users since 2009.
- It redirected web pages to its servers and then makes it the fraction of its original size.
- In this way, same web pages load faster even in the slower network connection.
- Exactly the same multimedia contents will be there but most of these will come on compressed sizes.
- Even in the conditions of good network connectivity and faster network due to the lesser number of data used so you have more time to browse the internet with data stays for longer durations.
- It is good for you when you are travelling as you need more data so that you can connect to near and dear ones.
- In these circumstances, the presence of Opera Turbo makes your life easier and remove all worries.
- When you are using the laptop, then turn on Opera Turbo mode to make browsing faster.
- If you are at the railway platform or at coffee houses where too many people would be connecting to WiFi then you can use Opera Turbo for faster internet browsing.
How does Do Opera Turbo work?
- Opera Turbo mode is available for computers.
- The web pages you visit goes through Opera servers.
- Then the server sees which components of web pages that need further compression.
- It reduces image pixel sizes and correct buffering patterns of videos so that these take lesser number of internet data.
- Then, it sends back these smaller-sized web pages back to the Opera web browser of the computer.
- Most of the non-SSL sites which start from HTTP are redirected to Opera servers.
- Most of the secure sites which are already optimised to load faster with encrypted connectivity does not require compression.
- With Opera Mini, and its data savings mode enabled most of the secure and non-secure websites goes through Opera servers to load website faster. Opera says it respects the privacy of users.
How to enable Opera Turbo?
- Download the latest version of Opera web browser for Windows.
- Open Opera Web Browser. Go to MENU and then SETTINGS.
- Then to BROWSER.
- Then scroll down till OPERA TURBO. Then enable checkbox beside ENABLE OPERA TURBO.
- It requires Opera web browser to restart to enable Opera Turbo.
How to enable both Opera Turbo and Opera VPN at the same time:
- If you enable VPN (virtual private network) then Opera Turbo will automatically disable.
- So it is important to disable VPN in Opera in order to enable Opera Turbo.
- In order to use both Opera Turbo and VPN in opera at one time then one can enable Opera Turbo on the regular window of Opera.
- In PRIVATE MODE of Opera, one can simultaneously enable VPN to use both services of Opera at the same time.
- What is new in Opera 54?
- Opera Launches Opera Touch Browser for Android with One-Hand Support
- Guide to Security in Opera