We are now realizing the importance of media servers with the flood of devices and its related components are now in plenty inside the market due to demand from various small office and home office computerization decisions.
How to build a simple home media networking server?
- It is also very significant to see that you do not always have to buy the costly machines and newer ones for it, if you have little control of your knowledge and with this article you can buy out the cheap articles in the market for the server and then you can possibly build one simple yet more appreciated media server.
- Then, with due course of time and research, you can constitute a brilliant media server customized and specially designed only for your essentials.
- First look out for one or two computers that are in the operative conditions and then assemble them to yours further use.
- You can build a media server from the old workable yet a junk computer and the process is very easy and for this, no computer knowledge is required.
- Assume here that you have Windows XP running in your old computer so in short the requisite of computer operating system to build the media server is Windows XP.
- Now go to START and then to CONTROL PANEL.
- The select NETWORK SET UP WIZARD, and then press NEXT two times and then select THIS COMPUTER CONNECT TO THE INTERNET THROUGH A RESIDENTIAL and then select NEXT.
- Enter the name and the description for the server you are inclined to use
it, and then click NEXT, now select the TURN OFF WINDOWS FILE AND PRINTER SHARING option and then click Next.
- Double check all the processes and the information and then click NEXT, then select JUST FINISHED and then click NEXT and then FINISHED.
Share directory to own media server:
- To begin sharing simple create a folder in any directory and then right click on the folder by employing the mouse over the folder.
- The click NETWORK SHARING AND SECURITY. After some time that window will load then select SHARE THIS FOLDER ON THE NETWORK.
- ALLOW NETWORK USERS TO SHARE THIS FILE.
How to configure the second computer which wants to access files from your own media server?
- Now, this is the process to configure the second computer from which you want to access the files.
- Click on the START and then right click on MY COMPUTER and then select MAP NETWORK DRIVE.
- Then click BROWSE and then select the name of the home server and then click the + sign that is nearer to it.
- It will expand the field and then click the folder that you have just created.
- Now following is the point how to click and access your new home media server.
- Go to MY COMPUTER and then double click on the drive you have created and then enter into it.
- Now you can copy and paste the files within your very own media server.
- Now you have just created your very own media server that can connect two of your own computers.
Sharing the digital media with other computers on a home network with Windows 7:
- In this article, you can map the network drive. Windows 7 comes with Windows media player twelve which can be very much used to easily turn your personal computer into a media server to stream music, movies and pictures to some other computers and devices in your recent build media servers.
- First, open the media player, go to the LIBRARY SECTION of WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 12 then click on the STREAM and then TURN ON MEDIA STREAMING.
- The alternative path to do just the same streaming work is as follows.
- First, open the CONTROL PANEL.
- Then VIEW ALL CONTROL PANEL ITEMS.
- Then select NETWORK AND SHARING CENTRE.
- Then select MEDIA STREAMING OPTIONS.
- Then click on the button to turn on media streaming and then press OK.
- In this way, you can now have the opportunity to view all the devices which are in the network and visible to it.
- Then from it, you can then select which computer and the media devices used to connect with it and devise its administrative options and other relevant parameters that can have some sort of brilliant and parametric significance attaché to it.
- This is the alternative way to turn on the media streaming in Windows 7. Here with a few tweaks, you can customize the entire settings and can also add the parental control mechanisms.
- You can restrict the control of the media streaming and also view who is controlling it and who is not.
- In this way, you have activated the control on media streaming and now let us see how the Windows Media Player 12 is performing with it.
How to stream music with Windows Media Player 12 from your own server?
- Now go to another computer.
- Then go to WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 12.
- Go to the LIBRARY.
- Here you can see OTHER LIBRARIES.
- Here also you can view the available libraries of the music, video and the pictures available for streaming.
So, what is the gain from all these servers and networking?
- In a simpler term, you are making the whole system to run into the server.
- Onee additional computer disc capacity is being now utilized.
- The hard disc size is now more as it is from the two computer capacity and also additional protection as with the subset computer.
- You can do the basics and can perform all the functions without the administrative privileges.
- In this way with those sort of limited computer configurations, your data is now with the safer hands as it is now with the server computer.
- All the music, videos and pictures stay with the server computer and easily can be accessible to other computers.
- so that you do not have to make the copy and paste function with it and the vital hard disc space is not be wasted.
- This is the coolest feature and if you have one computer which is not being utilized to its fullest strength then you can use this as the service for media streaming.
- If you have the older operating system then you can do it what is written above.
- If you have Windows 7 then the configuration can be done in two different ways.
- All these have been in elaboration written above and in this way you can enjoy the basic of streaming.
- This gives you the basic liberty to have computers, tablets and laptops containing less space due to its size.
- and in this way, you can connect and enjoy all the media simultaneously through the media server which you have just built with it.