DigiLocker is a service operated by Government of India (GoI). With it, Indian citizens get 1 GB of free cloud storage. It enables them to store predefined official documents in the cloud. To know more about How to use DigiLocker, go here.
- Users now can store Permanent Account Number (PAN) into DigiLocker account.
- DigiLocker subscriber can now easily add PAN verification records into their DigiLocker account.
- You can access your real-time PAN verification record from income tax department of Government of India.
- In India, it is now over 25 crore PAN card holders. Now, they can access and integrate PAN with their DigiLocker website and mobile apps.
How to get PAN verification record via DigiLocker web:
- Open your favourite web browser.
- Open official DigiLocker website. Digilocker.gov.in Register your new DigiLocker account by following these instructions.
- Log in to DigiLocker account using your Aadhaar number.
- Go to Dashboard and on its left-hand side click on ‘issued documents’.
- Now, under ‘ISSUED DOCUMENTS’ section a blue bar with some writing there.
- There the writing is, “Issued documents come directly into your DigiLocker from registered government departments & agencies.
- You can also pull documents from some partners and add to issued documents.”
- In the ‘issued documents’ section documents comes directly from registered government departments and agencies. From here you can ‘pull documents’ from some partners and add to issued documents section. In this message, there is a hyperlink on ‘Pull documents’. Click on it.
- Click on ‘PULL DOCUMENTS’. In this section, “citizens can pull documents from some issuer databases (using document details) and add its reference link (URI) to the Issued documents page.”
- In PULL DOCUMENTS section there are two segments.
- One is of PARTNER NAME and the other is of DOCUMENT TYPE.
- In PARTNER NAME selects INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT, GOVT OF INDIA, ALL STATES.
- Income Tax Department, Govt of India has provided PAN Verification Records to Indian citizens via DigiLocker.
- You can verify the correctness of your PAN data in real-time using this facility.
- In DOCUMENT TYPE select PAN VERIFICATION RECORD.
- Then there will be a form with the heading ‘Search your document by entering the required details’
- In the DATE OF BIRTH which will be prefilled from Aadhaar verification, with the date of birth in Aadhaar, matching.
- Then in the PAN NO. put your PAN number.
- Then in the NAME AS IN PAN CARD, put the name written in PAN CARD.
- Then agree to provide my consent to share my Aadhaar Number, Date of Birth and Name from my Aadhaar eKYC information with Income Tax Department, Govt of India,
- Then click on GET DOCUMENT to have PAN into ISSUED DOCUMENTS segment.
- Your PAN data will be fetched.
- After that PAN is integrated with DigiLocker.
- Go to ISSUED DOCUMENTS.
- You can now find yours PAN VERIFICATION RECORD from Income Tax Department, Govt of India.
- Click on the disc icon to save PAN VERIFICATION RECORD.
- Now, you can access it in the DOWNLOADED DOCUMENTS section.
- This PAN data is verified by DigiLocker as per data provided by the issuing authority, Income Tax Department, Govt. of India.
- This digitally signed verification document is valid as per the IT ACT 2000 when used electronically.