This post was most recently updated on April 5th, 2019
Google introduced its Android security namely ‘Google Play Protect’. It does not come with the downloaded app. It automatically installed with the update of ‘Google Play Services’. I have checked it works with Android Jellybean, Android KitKat and the next operating system such as Android Lollipop, Android 6,7,8.
What is Google Play Protect?
Google says to let it manage the installation of apps and the users should be in the peace of mind in the palm of your hand. It is a security blanket for your android device. It scans regularly for the installed app for security. It provides guidance to users when they download an app from Google Play Store.
It is an on-access security system. It never sleeps and continues to scan and protect your device. It works with Google Play services and sandboxing methods to keep your device safe. It updates on the background and those are the silent updates and it aims to provide the latest mobile security.
Find My Device:
It has ‘Find My Device’ as a device administrator to keep track of your device. Sign in to Google Account when the device
Google Play Protect always runs in the background:
The power of Google and present in each and every Android device makes it powerful and in an estimation, it is fifty billion apps scanning done by ‘Google Play Protect’ in a day to make your life easier. Apart from this all android apps go through rigorous android application scanning and sandboxing before they appear with Google Play Store. When app developer violates Google term and conditions they are suspended from providing the app to Google Play Store.
This makes running on Google Play Store stubborn, and here security of users is paramount for Google. When you download the app it scan
Apart from this with the regular updates of Google Chrome for Android, and safe browsing is preinstalled with it, warning to visitors to unsafe sites so that you get warning about it and taken back to safer sites. This keeps your Android device safer and completely negate chances of downloading of malware from a web browser.
How to enable Google Play Protect on an android phone?
- First makes sure before downloading app enable ‘Google Play Protect’ from Google Play Store.
- Open your device’s Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu > Play Protect icon
- Download apps from Google Play Store only.
- Before downloading app do see recommendations from Google Play Protect.
- Add Google accounts for backing up your device.
- Set a screen lock.
- Go to device settings and then security and the device administrator and activate ‘Find My Device’ to allow to find my device to block or erase a lost device.
- In this way also Google Play Services cannot be uninstalled.
- Then last not the least update Google Apps to receive latest Google services.