CodeGuard is a comprehensive back-up solution for website, providing daily and incremental back ups so that whenever, your site see outrage ultimately, it install website again and your website is up and running fresh again.
Most of times you update and add various provisions to your website, but sometimes, as most of times, and most website come up with shared hosting due to the presence of less cost, this can ultimately, shut down and delete whole of yours works if any of other site in shared hosting got infected with malwares.
In this case and if your website has back up solution with online cloud back up such as codeguard then you can restart and retrieve whole of your website, within seconds.
For WordPress powered website, codegaurd has specialised wordpress plugin, which updates from time to time as well as, it does provide, extreme, determined solution for backing up wordpress site and its database and then unite both options in more convenient ways.
When your website is constantly monitored with codeguard, then, many a times, you could easily find the download issues, and it will decrease page-load times and the root causes of website downtime could be detected with complete ease.
Most of times, some user without knowing, could delete any of files and that can turned down entire website to c complete extent and then, with such back up solution one can easily, retrieve the best solution, and best times when your website was up and running.
In such manner this also reduces the cost of down time of your website and this makes it more convenient to use it as well as does provide extreme and handful solution for you to have proper safeguard for your website.
It provides, constantly, monitored website, and a simple change could intent and inform you and in this way, any malwares entering your site could provide and inform you about it and you could all together know about this in complete and clear-cut manner without a doubt as well as it constantly scan your website and discover it and help you to remove it or install it on the best available back up retrieve.
All back-up solutions, are done with secure connectivity so that each data those are backed up are properly encrypted and stops hackers from lurking into yours database and data of customers. CodeGuard was started in the year 2010 and still to date there is no signs of data breaches.
Back ups done through CodeGuard are backup through Amazon Web Services storage system. Backups are done and completed through server-side encryption system so that there is no way any chance of leakage of data and thus it safeguards website data and informations.
Most of hosting providers does present back up solutions but those back ups are store inside the same hosting and when there is the chance of data breach, then the present of the back up at that locations also goes away with it. It is important to stored these back up at some other locations so that the parts of back ups are not lost.
How to back up your WordPress website with CodeGuard back up solution:
- You should have self-hosted WordPress. Self-hosted WordPress means, you should have hosting as well as domain.
- Your hosting provider should provide website’s FTP/SFTP credentials.
- In order to back up website and its data, your website must use MYSQL or MY-SQL databases, and most of WordPress website, does include these darabases.
- Whitelist codegaurd IPs inside, hosting. During installation of codegaurd into your website, in between this will ask you to whitelise some IP addresses of codeguard so that this will not be blocked by hosting provider.
- Then, first back up begins and the first back up is complete back up and in the subsequent time only the incremental back ups such as those parts and parcel of back ups are completed which are with due course of time changes and in this way, entire time line of incremental back ups comes to the forefront.
- That is why during the course of backs up only small portions of back ups initiated and in this way, which is good for memory management, less stress on CPU and input and output server needs.
- In short you will need, website URL, hostname or IP Address, SFTP/FTP password, port number and root directory permissions.
Restoration of WordPress website with CodeGuard:
When user wants restoration of website to a previous state, then first it checks the website whether it is on live and if it is then what should be its position or if the website is not on live then it checks which is the best possible live situation and check it with incremental back ups. Then, it compares both version of website and checks it out what is the real situation that your website is down.
For example, if codegaurd sees that due to subtle change of .htaccess file, then codegaurd will simply replace .htaccess file with the best possible error free file. So, this becomes one of the outstanding part of simple but effective change of files that could provide all possible management of sites with best possible effort.
Essential Database Credentials for CodeGuard back up:
- Names of Databases
- Hostname or IP address of databases
- MySQL user name
- MYSQL password
- MYSQL port
- SSH username
- SSH password
- SSH port
Essential WordPress website back up credentials for CodeGuard back up:
- Main URL of website
- Website Hostname or IP address
- SFTP/FTP username
- SFTP/FTP password
- Port number
- Root Directory of WordPress installation.
- How to setup automatic WordPress backup with CodeGuard
- How can I change my website platform from SitePad to WordPress?
- How to create your own Android Virtual Device in order to test your app created with Android Studio?
- Tips for Protecting Data Privacy of Android Users
- Cookies error when logging in after SiteLock installation (Infographic)
- Women’s safety and security issues
- Free Online Service Offers alternative to Powerpoint
Last Updated on by