For any website page loading time is always bears extreme significance. Speed is what matters the most. When a website loads faster, visitors stays there. They tend to browse different portions of website without any difficulties. No one knows, at any part what the speed of connection of internet for visitors. Many websites believe in creating different designs. It affects page loading time considerably. Website should be minimal in design and it should have great contents. Contents must be original and page loading times should be minimal. Page loading time is one of twenty parameters which Google and search engines consider for faster and prominent indexing. Visitors do not wait for long and most of them do not like to see good visual appeal for a website. It is always a good idea to create a minimalistic website designs. Unfortunately, both visitors and search engine like to index faster page speed website and they tend to ignore slower website. S
peed can drastically increase visitor’s conversion rate as well as give them more opportunities to be back into site again and again. Every seconds counts. For a faster website, low minimal dependence on server gives more amount time to visitors. Mobile internet depends mainly on data minimization techniques. Data minimization techniques sends existing website to its cloud server and compress data and redirect again to mobile. It amounts to strong case of saving of data bandwidth. With a minimal website one can find complete ease of data compression like never before. With a heavier website most people think website loads slowly in mobile than desktop.
It has been observed that most visitors would wait for six to ten seconds in mobile before they switch for another site. That is why a website should be designed with a page loading time of lower than six seconds. One second delay could reduce seven percentages of visitors for a site. This can be huge for an e-commerce site which can beat at loss of millions due to slower page-loading times. In internet world more than 70 percentages of website loads slowly. So, a slow website amounts to extreme traffic loss, reduces revenues and lower page rank. These are side effects which can bear heavy penalties for good name of a website. More than half of heavier website crashed or fridge mobile operating system.
It amounts to bad name of website among viral communities. A page loading time of a website under two seconds is considered as excellent and less than four seconds is good and if it takes more seconds than webmaster have to seriously think of reconfiguring entire php code of word press site. It is important to always analyse and optimize your site for better performance. Do not install unnecessary plugin. Plugin creates more connections to server and sometimes they post security risks. WordPress gives every opportunity to edit its code from hosting to create a more dynamic site. There are many articles which have been there online in order to understand it better.
Google PageSpeed analysis tool gives further information about yours site speed and gives suggestions about how to correct the slower indices for a better page loading time. This insight gives detailed information about your site and implement suggested methods so as to create speedier website load time. Google PageSpeed has Chrome extension which gives few more additional suggestions than its online counterpart. Install Chrome extension and then from there follow info graphics written below. *
Google Pagespeed developer module provides tools for self hosted wordpress website to install pagespeed in their server to increase speed of website . Some webhost provides inbuilt Google PageSpeed tool in order to make it easier for webmasters to install it. In this article, we will learn and understand about how to create a faster wordpress website through hardware configuration of hosts. You can install PageSpeed on Apache by downloading it from here. According to Google PageSpeed Insights rules, there are some preconditions which users have to remember before implementing such rules. Following are some of speed rules from pagespeed insights.
- Avoid landing page redirects
- Enable compression
- Improve server response time
- Leverage browser caching
- Minify resources
- Optimize images
- Optimize CSS Delivery
- Priorities visible content
- Use asynchronous scripts
It deals with using legible fonts sizes. It is always good idea to consider implementation of lesser plug-in. WordPress offers significant improvements in editing and managing different settings and for this webmaster with great insights on php and server side coding can implement different ideas without need of additional plugins. Avoid web page redirection as each redirect with trigger an additional HTTP request-response and sometimes with multiple additional lookup of domain can create addional server load on hosting. Plugins cause website to hang, crashes and security incidents.
WordPress moves all deleted contents to trash. It is just like a recycle bin to windows. There all files stays and gives heavier responses to host. *
How to enable PageSpeed from host:
- Reach to cPanel X-Main of your hosting panel
- Reach to Software/Services
- Then reach to Page Speed.
- Right click on it and click ‘Open link in new tab’
- A new page will open in a separate tab namely ‘Page Speed’
- From it click on ‘Enable PageSpeed’
- Within seconds you will receive a message as ‘Updated page speed configuration’
- Now your site is updated with Google’s page speed configuration.
PageSpeed is one of the fastest and brilliant rendering engines. It is not clear how much bandwidth limits are there but it is always free for a small or medium website. Most of times it is faster than other content network services. It loads fast and makes your website faster. It indexes and compresses associated assets of web pages. In this way, it provides clutterfree loading of webages and minimizes page loading time.
How to check whether Gzip compression is enabled on your site or not?
It is like enabling zip patterns to windows files. Similarly on hosting servers data base can be compressed to reduce its size considerably. First check this link (http://www.whatsmyip.org/http-compression-test/) to check your whether your web server is sending GZIP compressed header to web browsers of visitors. It has been seen by enabling GZIP compression on your web server you can around 50% on your bandwidth usages.
- Open GZIP compression site (http://www.whatsmyip.org/http-compression-test/) in your favorite web browser.
- Reach to ‘Home/ HTTP Compression’ and then ‘URL Compression Test’.
- Place name of your website.
- Click on ‘Test’
- If it is Gzip enabled it will sat ‘http://yoursite.com’ is compressed.
- Detailed about ‘Uncompressed Page Size’ , ‘Compressed page Size’ and ‘Savings’ will be listed in detail.
If Gzip is not enabling on your host, then it is better to enable it. Here, you will optimize performance of your website by tweaking the way Apache handles request. Apache 2.0 compresses content before sending it to visitor’s browser. It speeds up website load time considerably. The compress content are specified by MIME type as it creates Apches’s mod_deflate to function appropriately.
Here are steps to enable Gzip compression on your site.
- Open CPanel X- Main
- Go to Software/Services
- From there reach to ‘Optimize Website’
- Right click on ‘Optimize Website’ and ‘Open link in new tab’
- In another tab of your favorite browser you will be reaching to ‘Optimise Website’
- From ‘Compress Content’ choose ‘Compress all content’. It groups MIME tupes such as text, html text, plain text and xml to compress it and optimize your website.
- After this click ‘Update Settings’ to apply update.
- Then check from this link and find whether Gzip compression through Apache’s mod_delfate is enabled or not.
Empty trash automatically:
Like a computer your self-hosted wordpress site is hosted on a remote computer which is known as host. It is important to delete unnecessary files and duplicate files form hosting server. This decreases files size and enhances productivity. Sometimes, webmaster use external plugins to manually clean deleted posts, drafts, comments or unused media from trash directory of wordpress. When it is accumulated, it can contribute to slowing down your site. You can avoid this by setting up automatically remove deleted files after certain specified dates or period of times. Most of such plugins which works automatically comes with a price. But with this little code insertion which is easier to know from below detailed infographic one can easily reconfigure self hosted wordpress site to work with full speed and vigor as usual.
- Login to your self-hosted wordpress host and reach to ‘cPanel X- Main’
- Scroll down to ‘File’ and then ‘File Manager’
- Right click on ‘File Manager’ and left click on ‘Open link in new tab’
- Now ‘File Manager’ FTP opens in a new tab of opened web browser
- Click on ‘public_html’ from left pane and wait for few seconds depending on the speed of host to appear set of files at right hand side pane.
- From right hand panel reach to ‘wp-config.php’ and double click on ‘php ’icon of it to save that file into local drive. It is important to back up files before every editing. It is always take your own caution before applying these tricks.
- Then, single click on ‘wp-config.php’ and then click on ‘Code Editor’ from menu of ‘File Manager’
- A popup window opens namely ‘Code Editor’ and it will warn you to back up original files before converting character sets, since this action can produce unexpected results.
- Now you have reached to ‘public_html/wp-config.php’ and from there left click on ‘Edit’ to open another tab in the same web browser.
- In the new tab now you can edit and configure’wp-config.php’
- Scroll down extreme end of ‘wp-config.php’
- There copy paste this code
define (‘EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS’, 7);
Now click on ‘Save Changes ’ from top menu of ‘wp-config.php’
In a new tab open your website to see if it loads perfectly or not. Now, your self-hosted wordpress site is configured to delete all deleted posts, comments, media which are inside trash of WordPress in seven days. In the code :
define (‘EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS’, 7);
you can define number of days by putting required number in place of ‘7’. Here, trash is configured to be automatically emptied within a period of seven days. With this database and wordpress optimization all unnecessary files of wordpress is scheduled to be deleted within seven days. In this way, the weight of wordpress remain minimal and with Gzip compression enabled it will give more speed as the entire data base size reduced from 70 to 80 percentages.
In brief, it is always a good idea to go for optimization through hosting panels and without need of so called cache optimization techniques. Google PageSpeed loads website faster than free version of cloudflare. If Google PageSpeed is available in your cPanel hosting panel, it is better to go for it. Never use it with cloudflare content distribution network. Google PageSpeed is fastest and it loads associate content of website in super fast speed. Enabling Gzip compression reduces file size of website and thus removes unwanted and undesirable file loads and that leads to desired results of speeding up your site to a considerable extent. Finally, emptying trash automatically leads to cleaning up cluttered files that leads to complete cleaning up entire path of trash files that reduces loads on servers. By implementing all the three mentioned processes, entire website can be optimized for speedier loading and that leads to faster browsing speed and greater access to page speed and improved ranking of website.