- Water content is more than 80%.
- Contains Vitamin C which acts in intercellular cementing.
- Every 100gms of AMLA contains 700mgs of Vitamin C.
- It lowers our blood pressure level.
- Cures constipation.
- Maintains cholesterol level.
- Mixture of 100gms each of amla, bitter gourd and jamun dried up and grounded to a fine paste and taken one tea spoonful twice a day cures diabetes.
- It is an antacid without any possible reaction.
- In case of diarrhoea, take two teaspoonfuls of grounded amla leaves with honey.
- Amla paste applied on hair twice a week helps in luxuriant growth of hair, prevents hair decay and guards against graying.
- It heals wounds speedily.
- Taken twice or thrice daily, it cures scurvy.
- Pregnant and lactative mothers arte profusely gained by regular intake of amla.
- Reduces risk of gastro intestinal and respiratory cancer.
- Protects against pollution.
Read more: http://healthmad.com/nutrition/gooseberry-amla/#ixzz1RbucEiMU