Image via Wikipedia
My first experience with South Indian breakfast at the city of Puri dates back to the days of my high-school days when I stepped into one such restaurant making its debut at Grand Road on the first floor close to the Annapurna Theatre, the oldest of its kind of Orissa, perhaps.This novel experience for the people of Puri was an experience felt five decades back which was highly popular for its low cost food-stuff with taste of a totally different nature. So, Idly, Dosa and Uttapam made their successful debut at Puri and continuing still.
My first experience of Chinese noodles, Chowmin, Chicken Pakoda and Chilly Chicken at Puri dates back to my early college days, a decade following the above when the first restaurant at Puri was inaugurated at sea beach near Puri Hotel. It came on to live at Puri even after four decades of its introduction and the food habit continues to delight young and old alike and to people coming from different parts of the world from every nook and corner of the city.
The last, but not the least, my first experience of magic show at Puri was that of the world famous P.C.Sircar’s, way back in the 60s when I watched it along with delirious viewers for the first experience of all of us at the city and Mr. Sircar became a world nick-name in the magic domain a couple of year after that.
Going by my share of first experience with my Puri people, I feel myself extremely lucky to complete a hat-trick of firsts at Puri.
- The Puri Sea-Beach
- Savitri Amabashya- the Sada Suhagan Festival
- Some Tricks I Have Gained From
- Oh Mani Kanika! …………..I Salute You
- PURI SPICY CRAB
- PYRI TRAVELLOGUE :2
- Sevayats of Lord Jagannath Puri
- PURI TRAVELLOGUE : 1
- GHEE-ANNA ( GHEE-LEMON-RICE)
- CHHENA TARAKARI (PANEER/CHHENA CURRY)
- PURI, I LOVE U
- MANSA TARAKARI (MUTTON/LAMB CURRY)
- Jagannathpur Temple – Famous Pilgrimage Centre of Ranchi, Jharkhand, India (beontheroad.com)
- Hindu Deities Conjure Magic in Movement Downtown (nytimes.com)