Image via Wikipedia
Definitely ,my favorite web browser is for the last four years continuously and without any scintilla of doubt is Opera.It is primarily because of its speed,stability that is the better way to better speed,smart automatic turbo speed mode and more now compatibility with most of WebPages and with lots of add-ons like Opera unite, opera links to name a few.
Now to the topic of the heading of this article, how to disenable geo location feature in Opera, first we have to know what is Geo location as the name suggests all that is the geographic location of the user.If this feature is enabled on web browser as it is most of times automatically enabled then any website you surf and if that website is asking for yours physical location then the browser which have Geo location enabled , will send the user’s geo location requesting for the same to the web site you visited.
So, it can be said of a privacy concern so the question now is how to get rid of geo location feature of browsers and to day we will know about Opera and will learn how to disenable the geo location feature in Opera.
Disable Geo location feature in Opera:
- Start Opera browser. Type opera:config in the address bar and Enter .
- You now reach at Preferences Editor, type geo location in the search box of Preferences Editor.
- Now you will see Geo location option in Preferences Editor.
- Click to uncheck” Enable Geolocation” option, if confused observe the screenshot above.
- Then click save button and you are done.Now you can make carefree web browsing without worrying about yours physical location being circulated to websites you are visiting and of course to those websites which request for this information.
- Disenable Geo location feature in Safari
- easiest option and working in all web browsers to open links in new tabs
- New !Private browsing with Opera 10.5
- Opera surprised me again!
- Free auto refresh add-ins for your browsers
- Opera the smartest browser on earth
- Download Safari the world’s best browser
- Opera 10 alpha
- New Opera Snapshot fixes crashes, gets speed boost (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Opera claims speed gains with 10.60 beta (v3.co.uk)
- Opera 10.61 Released, Download Now (ghacks.net)
- Opera 10.6 Final Is All Kinds of Fast [Downloads] (lifehacker.com)
- A browser with unlimited possibilities (opera.com)
- Opera 10.60 Launched in Beta (pcworld.com)
- Download Opera 10.60 RC1 (geniusgeeks.com)
- Opera 10.61 Update Arrives, Vulnerabilities Fixed (lockergnome.com)
- Hacker Uses XSS and Google Street View Data to Determine Physical Location (securityweek.com)
- Augmented reality needs geo-location (michaelmyers.biz)
- Keyboard Leds Show Keyboard Indicator Lights from the Screen (mydigitallife.info)
- Comment followup: Use sounds instead of missing keyboad LEDs with Toggle Keys (downloadsquad.com)
- Keyboard Leds for Windows puts the LEDs on your system tray (downloadsquad.com)
- Ask Rick: user accounts, wireless keyboards, Windows Movie Maker and Word 2010 (telegraph.co.uk)
- Clavier Makes it Dead Simple to Define Custom Hotkeys in Windows (techie-buzz.com)
- Kauffman Foundation Joins with Startup Weekend to Catalyze Education-Focused Entrepreneurship (kauffman.org)
- Monitor What’s Really Going On With Your PC With System Explorer (makeuseof.com)