Integration is the buzz word when we talk about computer security. Risk hovering upon you, when you are online. It is a world of Jungle, in the form of adwares, spywares , viruses, malwares Trojans, key-loggers, root kits , hackers, phissers to name of a few. So, we are vulnerable around the online world. So better safe than sorry.
- When accessing files from a cd or external device enable show extensions for known file types. For this go to Windows Explorer > Tools> Folder options > view and uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types”.
- Avoid downloading files from unsecure locations.
- Microsoft regularly releases security updates and patches and patches for Microsoft Operating systems and other Microsoft appliances. Turn on Automatic Updates. For this go to Control Panel> System > Automatic Updates> choose Automatic (Recommended) .
- For older version of Microsoft office products (office 2003, office XP , office 2000) visit the office website for the latest updates.
- To update and upgrade of yours knowledge on security go to subscribe to yours choice of yours security updates. Hot mail account is a must for this.
- Ensure discs are formatted with NTFS. It is more secure than FAT family of file systems . NTFS high performance can be seen on hard discs that are larger than 32GB in size
- Turn off simple file sharing . For this go to My Computer > Tools > Options > View > Advance settings > uncheck “ Use simple file sharing ( recommended)”