Post2Blog is a FREEWARE desktop blogging client for your WordPress, Type Pad, Live Journal, Movable Type, Blogger (and other) blogs with live spellchecking and image uploading support (Image Shack, Flicker, FTP, blog engine)To install the program, run setup program then follow the instructions of the installation program.Freeware version of Post2Blog is freely distributable.It is from ByteScout Software.Before using it read the license agreement of it carefully.All copyrights to "Bytescout Post2Blog" are exclusively owned by ByteScout.
– Built-in integration with MS Word, Internet Explorer, Firefox, RSS Bandit, Sharp Reader
– Manage different types of blogs using one single editor (Blogger, WordPress, Type pad, Movable Type, Live Journal, Blogware etc);
– Use visual HTML rich-text editor with hot-keys support to compose new posts or edit recent posts;
– Upload images and files automatically (you can select to upload to free image hosting services, to FTP or to blog file storage area);
– Select text and/or images on any web-page and post selection to your blog with only 2 clicks using plugins for Firefox (check example) and Internet Explorer (check example);
– Add new posts directly from MS Word using Post2Blog toolbar for MS Word;
– Post files, images, documents from Explorer or any other program to using "Send To -> Post2Blog" command;
– Add Technorati, Del.icio.us, Buzzwords, 43 Things tags to your posts;
– Automatically send trackbacks, ping web-services to notify about updates in your blogs;
– Earn money using "Insert Amazon Link" feature;
– Use built-in smiles in your posts;
– Insert Chitika and Ad sense code directly into your posts;
MS Windows 95/NT/98/Me/2000/XP
Internet Explorer 5.x or higher (for IE plugin)
- Graphical User Interface is not so attractive it looks like windows98 versioning but works good.
- If you are blogging only the writing then it is ok but picture blogging with writers seems somewhat misplaced .
- one good thing is that you can avoid the html formatting and can directly write from Microsoft word even in old users of Microsoft word 2003 can directly post this is an advantage over windows live writer.
- also Automatically send trackbacks, ping web-services but be careful not to select all the services at a time so check it out first otherwise blog posting will be taking using yours time.
- Recommended for back up options for desktop blogging client as you should be using Windows live writer as yours premier blogging client.
- Here talking point is about its freeware version.
- File upload feature is available but the requirement is that yours blogging platform should support it ,like Blogger not supporting this picture.
- Built-in integration with MS Word, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Select text and/or images on any web-page and post selection to your blog with only 2 clicks using plugins for Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Add new posts directly from MS Word using Post2Blog toolbar for MS Word
- Add Technorati, Del.icio.us, Buzzwords, 43 Things tags to your posts
- Use built-in smiles in your posts