A wonderful screen capture tools among the lots and in simplier term it is been staggering software in fact freeware ,This one offers directness, ease of use, and does it with style.Believe it or not it is true and simply outstanding,just check it out the following information.
Microsoft’s own Snipping Tool is restricted to Windows Tablet PC Edition, and some versions of Vista.Snipping Tool fails to capture overlay windows (those translucent windows mostly used by desktop gadgets).But it is not available in most popular version of windows Windows XP,
According to PrtScr website followings are the characteristics of this freeware:
How to use this freeware:
After standard installation, PrtScr is set to load itself at Windows startup, and replaces your normal screen printing. Of course, you still have the option to load it manually, and assign your own hotkey.see the screen shots.
To make a normal capture, press Prt Scr, optionally draw some annotation (using the right mouse button), then select the part to grab using the left mouse button. Hold CTRL while clicking to make rectangle annotations or selections.
The little reminder window displayed on the right fortunately fades out when you approach it, so that you can capture what’s behind.
In order to capture the topmost window, use the standard ALT+Prt Scr (a lot of people aren’t aware of this hotkey, but yes it’s a standard) or a quick, full-screen capture, press Prt Scr twice, or press Prt Scr, then press Space, or Enter or simply press the left mouse button once (if the selection is too small, PrtScr will capture the whole screen).
A single click will send your capture to your desktop. Other commands let you save your capture in other formats, email it as an attachment, edit & print it (the behavior depending on what your system has linked to the JPG, PNG & BMP image formats).
JPG & BMP formats are opaque, that is, even if you made a freehand selection, the bitmap will be rectangle (it will include the part around the selection nicely blurred). The PNG format allows saving the selection along with its alpha channel. As a reminder, JPG is a lossy format, while BMP & PNG are lossless formats. To send through the internet, JPG or PNG are the best options.
The shadow around the capture preview is eye candy that won’t appear in your final result.See the screen shot here.
Prt Scr will (optionally) pre-fill the title entry with the title of the topmost window, and the comment entry with its URL if that window is a browser (so that you know where that screenshot came from). The title entry is used to compute capture filenames when necessary, while the content of the comment entry will be written at the bottom-left of the final capture. Both title & comment entries are optional, though.
The captured directory can be customized as the default is at local document folder.
Delete/BackSpace: deletes most recent annotation ink
Escape: cancels capture
Return, Space: selects whole screen for capture
ALT+Prt Scr: captures topmost window only
LMB (Left Mouse Button): selects the zone to capture and completes the capture (so this should be your last step)
RMB (Right Mouse Button): draws annotations over pre-capture
Ctrl+LMB/RMB: selects/draws rectangle
Mouse wheel: changes thickness of annotation ink
Download informations:(version 18.104.22.168)
Download Prt Scr from: http://www.fiastarta.com/PrtScr/Download.html
About Prt Scr :http://www.fiastarta.com/PrtScr/index.html
Help file :http://www.fiastarta.com/PrtScr/Help.html
- slight heavy on system resources,system with less Ram may have some problem
- Configuration and synchronization with Prt Scr button with key board is simply like magic and wonderful
- JPG & BMP formats are opaque, that is, even if you made a freehand selection, the bitmap will be rectangle (it will include the part around the selection nicely blurred). and the vacillation screenshot before the save as dialogue has been a fascinating one with wonderful scenic beauty.
- It has option to undo start with start up and if it is in tray then it will appear within few smart seconds when you switch the Prt Scr button and it is better than Gadwin Print screen.
- Limitations can be saved only in JPG, PNG & BMP image formats.
- eye candy appearance and smooth to eyes ,great feel try it
- The little reminder window displayed on the right fortunately fades out when you approach it, so that you can capture what’s behind. it is great for review purposes.
- Time delay capturing options available also like capture now,capture screen in 5 secs or capture screen in 30 secs and it can be assessable through the trey and right click and select the option great for software reviewing.
Suggested reading: Ghacks