1. Medium Size Prawns – 250gms.
2. Thick and dried up curd – 2 tablespoons
3. salt – as per requirement
4. Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
5. Mustard Oil – 50gms.
6. Curry Leaves – 1 tablespoon
7. Green Chilies – 3 fully chopped
8. Cashew Nuts - 6
9. Poppy Seeds – 1 tablespoon
10. Green Cardamoms – 3
11. Black Pepper Powder – one pinch
12. Water – 3 cups
13. Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoonful (chopped)
De-skin prawns and wash cleanly for three to four times. Drain & dry.Marinade with two tablespoons of thick and water-drained curd, salt, turmeric powder and keep it aside for ½ an hour.
Take a frying pan and heat oil. Put curry leaves, green chilies and fry for a minute. Grind cashew nuts and poppy seeds and make a smooth paste. Add it on the fry.
Transfer the marinated prawns to the frying pan and fry until water evaporates completely and oil oozes out. Then add three green cardamoms and a pinch of black pepper powder.
Then add two cups of water. Simmer it after boiling point. Cook it until only a cup of water remains. Serve hot garnishing with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice or roti.