1. Paneer – 100gms.
2. Corn Flour – ½ cup
3. Salt – as per requirement
4. Water – 3 cups
5. Cumin & Chili powder - ½ tablespoon each
6. Ghee made from cow milk – 100gms.
7. Green Cashew Nuts (available aplenty at Puri for six months beginning from April) – 100gms.
8. Onion – one medium size
9. Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons for garnishing
10. Garam Masala Powder – to sprinkle on the top just before serving.
Cut the cheese pieces into 1×1 square sizes.
Take the corn flour in a separate container and add a pinch of salt, half teaspoon each of cumin and chili powder to it. Put one tablespoon of water and mix into a very thick batter.
Roll the cheese pieces on it and deep-fry until brownish (not golden brown) and set it aside.
Fry onion, spring onion and green cashew nuts and spring onion in a frying pan and add half a cup of water during cooking.
After the water evaporates and ghee splits, add two cups of water and bring it to boil.
Then lessen the flame and keep it on simmering fire with the cover on for ten minutes to allow cashew nuts to boil.
Then de-cover and transfer the fried cheese pieces to it and cover it again.
After ten more minutes, you find it done.
Transfer the contents to the service bowl and sprinkle coriander leaves and garam masala powder on the top of it.
Serve hot with rice or roti.