On January 26, Microsoft allows download a near-final test build of its Internet Explorer (IE) 8 browser. It may be the last public beta release before Microsoft releases its final version. It will be a standalone download and also in built on Windows 7.
The RC 1 includes performance and compatibility enhancers and it is a “platform-complete,” means there will no more frisk programming or GUI changes.
What has been added in this IE 8 Release Candidate (RC) 1:
- Compatibility list augmentation: a list of 2000 sites can be viewed and checked for compatibility checking purposes.And according to ZDNet Microsoft will update this list in every two months.
- Click Jacking prevention :
- Better Smart Address bar : matches titles in their history and favorites now much better.
- Speeding up page loading tweaks:
- Instant Search Box to include a “quick pick menu” at the bottom
- full support for CSS 2.1:
- In Private Blocking name changed to In Private Filtering :
A full list of what have changed from IE 8 since beta see from here.