Safety ratings from McAfee Site Advisor appear next to search results. Works with Google, Yahoo!, Live Search, AOL or ASK.
Now includes McAfee SECURE™ certified e-commerce ratings along with comprehensive test results for spyware, viruses, spam and exploits.As you browse, a small button on your browser toolbar changes color based on Site Advisor’s safety results.Menu options on Site Advisor’s toolbar let you customize Site Advisor or see a site’s detailed test results.
- Click the radio button above which says "I agree to these terms and conditions" if you have read and agree to the terms.
- Click the button above which says "Install." You must be using the Firefox web browser.
- If Firefox displays this message at the top of the browser window:
- Click the button which says "Edit Options…"
- When the "Allowed Sites" window appears, type "www.siteadvisor.com" into the address box if it does not already appear.
- Click the "Allow" Button.
- Click "Close."
- Click the above "Install" button again and follow the on-screen instructions.
You will need to close all Firefox windows and restart the browser.
Detailed test results for every site are just one click away. (See example)